Wednesday, January 11, 2012



Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Website Wednesday

But first, Miss L. The picture on the right is deceiving because it took a week for her to go into that crate willingly. Now, she just walks in and starts to play with her toys. Though she is still miffed that she gets locked in. She's 6 weeks old in this picture and the next.

On the right, she's asleep in my arms. She's a good sleeper and seems to catch on very quickly. Like her realization that when we approach the deck stairs, we're going in and her multiple attempts to eat leaves is coming to an end. At which point she digs in her heels (not an easy feat on patio blocks) and tries to extricate herself from her collar. .

More pictures will be coming but I like to start the record when they are so young and just forming their personalities. Next week, she's down to three meals a day. Ah, they grow so fast.

A quick pick today because today I am finally going to block my Advent Scarf. Lately, I have discovered Sudoku (long after the rest of the world did) and I love playing it on the i Pad since I don't have all those pesky erasures.

A new game for me in Ken-ken. Which is Sudoku like except with the added feature of arithmetic operations which must also be performed before solving. For example: in a 4 x 4 Ken-ken, you must use numbers 1 to 4 only one time in each row and column but unlike Sudoku there are no interior squares which must also use that rule - only one number 1 - 4 in each interior square.

However, within the total Ken ken square are areas marked off with dark lines. The areas within these dark lines can consist of any number of small squares, some L shaped, etc. In each of these "dark" areas, there is a number and a mathematical operation. For example, if it shows 2 -, it means that you must have numbers (2 numbers for subtraction in the easy puzzles) in this area which when subtracted will equal 2. If the operation is 10 +, you must have the numbers in this area add up to 10. Of course, you still must obey the rule of only 1 unique number per row and column.

Now, after I've confused you completely, try it out on this site, it comes with instructions:

http://www.kenken.com/

I think you have to type in the numbers here but I'm going to look for a site where you only click on a list of numbers. I am so lazy. (Edit: My mistake, all the numbers magically appear when you click a square - no typing involved.)

Enjoy. Time to play with the dog.



No comments: