Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings

Website Wednesday

I have to say that I changed my picks for today after reading Krugman's Od-Ed piece in the NYT on Monday (1/3/11). He's still angry with the Obama administration for their economic policy and towards the middle of the piece he says:

We wouldn’t get to anything resembling full employment until late in Sarah Palin’s first presidential term.

Strong feelings and a very, very scary thought.

So I thought: Maybe some people will read me and link on the sites below. It really is past the time when Americans need a political (and historical) education. The rest of the industrialized world has been shuddering about our ignorance for years.

Hammer of the Blogs is an irreverent look at the USA. You'll find "offensive" words here but don't be shocked; they're only words. The latest entry is for the last day of 2010 but be sure to read this "Bastards of 2010" list. And, dwell and reflect on entry Number 3 for a while.

http://hammeroftheblogs.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately folks, it is later than you think and not everything is going to be fixed.

On a slightly lighter side, there's:

http://www.hoffstrizz.com/

Hoffstrizz has slightly more in its About section than Hammer.... (though not by much):

We like dancing on the beach, skipping on the beach, jumping on the beach, things like that. Singing and telling stories.
We're really sensitive deep down but we try to get along.
Who are you?
How are you?
Where are you?

A lot of Hoffstrizz is lists and you know I LOVE lists. Like:

Modern Art is Retarded, 32 Acclaimed Modernist Painters With Less Talent Than Your Children, or

The 7 Craziest Roman Emperors of All-Time and the 12 Best Monica Belluci Pictures I Found in Ten Minutes

I recognized the emperors and got to see a lot of Belluci, though she's still a mystery to me.

What drew me to Hoffstrizz was the link from Hammer re Sarah Palin's book: Hoffstrizz Reads Sarah Palin's Book...America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith, and Flag

I guess you can say Hoffstrizz fell on the sword so you didn't have to. What a guy! Or gal?

So be sure to bookmark both websites for future visits. And, if time is short and it's only going to be a quick trip there for you today, be sure to stop at Number 3 on the list of Bastards of 2010 in Hammer.

For me, I going to start reading all those lovely lists on Hoffstrizz.

Enjoy.

No comments: