Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings

Website Wednesday

A short blog today because the kids are home and there's snow out there! A lot of it!

Lately, my early morning game playing has gone from room escape games to spot the difference games. I'm a stickler though. I hate the timed games, the penalty-if-you-click-the-wrong-object games, and the either too dark games or "hidden objects are too light to see" games. As you can imagine, that really narrows the field.

There are some narrative-driven spot the difference games which are really strange; not the spotting the difference part but the story you follow. These games do give you a penalty for wrong clicks but if there's a time limit, it's extremely generous. I enjoy them but there are only a few of them.

But then I found this link:

http://www.spotthedifference.com/

You start out with spotting the difference in two photos. I think photos are sometimes the most difficult for differences. Then, as you advance through the levels, you get differences in books on shelves; dice, flowers, buttons.....the list keeps expanding. Also, the pictures become mirror images or they "jiggle" as you look at them (great for getting the arrow on the right spot.) If you make a mistake, a pop-up box tells you so. Right now, I'm on the Teal level and the teaser on the bottom asks: Can you get to the Black level?

I like playing these games because I also love word scrambles (you get an assortment of letters and you have to make words from them) but invariably with each set of scrambled letter, my brain fails to recognize certain possibilities, like letters that will form words starting with vowels. I'll find the "lawyer" but miss "awl."

So even knowing that visual and verbal skills are different, I play these difference games to toughen my brain.

Whatever. Take a look at Spot The Difference. I think you'll enjoy the challenge.

No comments: