Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
 Website Wednesday

A quick reference: http://boxofficemojo.com/

for my facts about movie grosses on Monday. I realized I didn't cite this until after I posted the blog and editing has become a bear so I said: Fuggeddaboutit.

Scott Walker did not get recalled in WI. If the exit polling is correct (by Edison Research: right wing?, left wing?, neutral?), 36% of union workers voted for Walker and 60% said recalls should only be used for misconduct in office. 


OK, to keep on the serious side, my first website pick is:


http://www.thegodlessheathen.com/

Their motto says: "the sleep of reason brings forth monsters" which comes from Goya's etching, The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters. (Wikipedia)

The Godless Heathen links to mucho, many talk videos with interesting, important and quirky ideas. Like the one on gaming and gamers, an different take on a subject which usually gets a brush-off as an alternative lifestyle pastime. While the site lives up to its "godless" creds (Hitchens, Dawkins, etc.), they never forget their sleep of reason motto. These talk videos get you to think.


TGH will make reasoning seem worthwhile as it explores a myriad of thoughtful topics: rednecks in America, slavery in the Bible, the Transit of Venus, genetics......... It's well worth a bookmark and return visits.

And now for something completely different. Summer and school vacation is looming large and in keeping with my desire to read every tasty recipe out there and soon-to-come summer meal prep with the kids: 

http://www.cookingwithmykid.com/

Cooking with my Kids is just that: simple recipes you and your kids can cook together. Like Breakfast Potatoes, an instant favorite for me because the ingredients are either staples (eggs, cheese) or pull from the freezer items (shredded potatoes.)

The About at CWMK says: Foodie by day, microwaver by night; I set out to teach my kid (and myself) the art of cooking in hopes of churning, burning and learning new recipes along the way.  The mission: 365 recipes in 365 days.  The ground rules: All cooking must be kid-assisted.  Doubling up is OK, but a minimum of 7 recipes must be attempted each week UNLESS travel is involved.

You can scroll through the recipes which really do look kid-friendly or click on Crafts at the top right for a glimpse at her next adventure, 365 of craft, art, art appreciation. I like how this woman thinks. Enjoy.








 

No comments: