Friday, June 22, 2012

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

I have nothing! Whatever I promised for this Knitting Friday, I was a liar, liar, pants on fire. Because, for the first time in centuries, I have only 2 items OTN. One is a shawl design which I plan to stitch up into a shrug and the other is the prototype for a shrug, knitted arm to arm (first in the round, then flat for the back, then in the round for the other arm) without any cuff. Why no cuff? Here's a picture of a cuffed shrug:

fattening cuffs
I think cuffs grab me in such a way that my little, little arms look enormous. Which I find a mystery since I'm wearing a short-sleeved dress as I type and my arms look OK in it. So, I'm hoping that w/o a cuff, a shrug might work. Though I have my doubts because yesterday in the 106 degree heat I wore a sun dress and a shrug. Wow! Did that shrug "kill" the look! So I replaced it with a cotton thread black lace short shawl and it worked. That's why, right now, I'm thinking: Shrugs may not be your fashion statement. Why are you even wasting your time on a prototype?
birds getting along.
 
In keeping with having nothing, here's a random picture for you. In my walks, I usually see birds dive bombing each other. I don't mean the vultures and I see plenty of them, sometimes atop carrion. Vultures seem to get along surprisingly well. One munching away and another circling me ready to peck me to death if I approach. I mean little birds, chasing each other through the sky. Perhaps, it's bird tag to them; to me it looks like a death race. However, if you give them dual perches, the world is peachy for them.

And to continue my useless random thoughts, I awakened this morning with the thought: Why dinosaurs? I mean those suckers were huge. They had to eat and poop a ton. Yet they evolved into their largess, stayed around for a while, and then poof! They became extinct and we have never seen such huge creatures again, except some whales and the Loch Ness monster, of course. I know I'm way too old for a kid's interest in dinosaurs but I have this burning curiosity all of a sudden. Weird! Not the dinosaurs, the curiosity.

Finally in this "I got nothing" post, mea culpa for the lousy editing in some of my postings lately. My web host has added some really neat features; editing is not one of them. For example, because I use more than one computer for blog writing, "Normal" font can be tiny in one post, huge in another. Which surprises me because I use Word Publisher on different computers for my newsletter and the font size is always the same. Maybe this mystery, not dinosaurs, is the one I should be investigating. 
 
Also, I dread editing a post for spelling or syntax because the paragraph spacing automatically changes. They look fine in the edit mode but after I update and publish, the paragraphs congeal into one blog. Then I have to return to the edit mode and tap the Enter key 2xs (not the normal 1x) for each paragraph space.
 
Oh, the horror! A document which is not a WTSIWYG! I guess what I'm saying is that I'm leery about reopening a post for editing and sometimes it shows.

Gotta go so this blathering will stop. Happy knitting.





No comments: