Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
 


Edit: I am so embarrassed! This is Tuesday, not Wednesday and I'm a day early. Obviously, I'm under more stress than I realize. Sorry about that.
 
Website Wednesday 

Keeping up the same theme as my opening last Wednesday (The computer ate my homework.), I just discovered that an e-mail I read yesterday on my laptop computer is not in the mailbox on my desktop computer. I hate when computers start making mistakes like humans; they're supposed to be infallible.

But I did transfer my lost website picks of last Wednesday to my desktop so today will be an easy ride for me. Which I need since life has settled into a hectic routine around here with little time for "light" computer fun or knitting (as of right now, I only have an inch of new knitting ready for Knitting Friday.)

http://beautifullybellafaith.com/blog/30-organization-tips-tricks-and-ideas-that-will-make-you-go-ah-ha/ 

OK, I have been doing a lot of organizing and rearranging lately so the 30 Ah Ha! organizational tips and tricks in the above website really seem appealing. Check them out because many of these are very good ideas. Beautifully Bellafaith is geared for the young mom but has a lot of universally interesting topics. 

 http://www.thephotomag.com/2013/05/hyper-realistic-sculptures-are-made.html 

Tom Eckert is the featured artist in the above site and his medium is wood. Not like in the big wood bears you see along some highways but in fine art which you look at and say: How does he do that? Scroll to the bottom for a video interview with the artist. Also, be sure to click Home for other very interesting artistic/photographic sites, though I'm a little spooked with the photos of the friendship between Milo the little dog and Bonedigger the big lion. Bad idea to me.

But keeping in the dog motif: 

http://post.barkbox.com/37-funny-dog-gifs/
OK, roll your eyes if you want, a lot of it's corny but I'm a sucker for dog videos and a lot of these are worth the click to see the entire video.

And now for something completely different:

Here you find out what Anton Chekhov thinks is needed to make a person cultured. Chekhov, that master of play writing where nothing seems to happen but really everything is happening, is writing about culture in 1886. Are his points still valid? Were they ever valid? If our definition of culture has changed, is the change for the better? Cripes! I sound like an old maid school teacher! But as the protagonist says in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo when he is given a laundry list of bad behavior examples of his enemy from an old man who thinks this information can be useful: In your day, perhaps. Today, such bad behavior is applauded. Would Chekhov shake his head in dismay today? Be sure to click around Brain Pickings for a lot of well researched and interesting topics.

Finally: 

http://www.earthalbum.com/ 

Wow! is all I can say. Talk about being an armchair tourist! Just follow the simple directions to travel the world and be sure to click on the links for full screen pics. And don't just travel to popular travel sites; I just came back from Chad. Be sure to bookmark this site so you'll be ready for armchair tourism whenever you want.

That's it for today. See you next week.
  


No comments: