Friday, July 27, 2012

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
Knitting Friday

Short thoughts today because I have no pictures. I'll be back tomorrow with them:

Not only have I added more WIPs to my needles (remember I was down to only two recently?) but I have added two 1/2 hour stints on the treadmill to my schedule. Yes, folks, I'm on another diet. The good news is the iPad props up beautifully on the display section of the treadmill and finally 30 minutes of exercise have taken an interesting turn. The bad news is: How soon is my body going to catch on I'm depriving it of food and play that nasty trick of keeping the scale from moving down for months while making calorie laden foods seem more and more attractive to my brain? 

I can report that I finished the top knitted on the old Boye interchangeable US 10 and it came out as nicely and as easily as anything I've done on Chia Goo or Knit Pick circs. In fact, faced with all these new WIPs, I just picked up a US 10 from my new Boye Needlemaster and have started another top. That's working well also.
The way I look at it, I wrote my review last week to see if Boye Needlemaster works well enough to make my inexpensive purchase worthwhile. It did. But I also learned that knitting needle snobbery is alive and well. I don't know why I would be surprised but I sort of was.

Back with pictures tomorrow.

No comments: