Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
 Tax the Rich 

Website Wednesday

(Edit: To fix an error, but also, the blueberry bake is done and delicious. Adding the milk late didn't hurt and adding 4 extra ounces of reduced fat cream cheese made it so smooth. Definitely, in the pancake class in that it needs syrup for sweetness (if that's what you like.)

As I type, the blueberry maple breakfast I linked to on Monday is baking. You may remember that I'm not that good with cooking and the proof came around again today as, 25 minutes into the cooking of my masterpiece, I looked at the counter and said: I forgot the milk! For there on the counter was the 1.5 cups of milk needed for the recipe smiling up at me. So I added it 25 minutes into the cooking. We'll see how that variation works.

But on another note, I finished a scarf for a friend. She had bought the yarn at a local farm (thick and thin yarn which looked like the sheep had just kissed it goodbye) and it had been sitting around for years. So I just whipped something up for her. Proving I do have some talents. More on this Friday.

I saw another installment of Oliver Stone's Untold History of the US. Boy, am I depressed!

So let's move on to the innovative and creative aspects of humans at 

http://prettymomguide.com/30-most-useful-and-creative-things.html 

Pretty Mom tells you a lot about having and raising kids so be sure to check her out on these topics, but I was drawn to the above link which has so many great ideas to make living more simple. A candle with built-in matches; stairs which double as a closet are just two "Why didn't I think of that?" ideas. Be sure to check out the other 28. 

http://www.buzzfeed.com/

Buzz Feed was a pick in January 2011 and I'm going to reprise it nearly two years later because it's a neat site for lists and after pictures, or perhaps before pictures, I love lists. Currently, you can read about the 10 food trends which should die in 2013 plus other fun, informative stuff.

OK, I've got 5 minutes before my cooking masterpiece is done so here's a fast one: 

http://500px.com/photo/15456927 

I just love that little guy! And be sure to click around for more pics.
See you next week.  

  

No comments: