Monday, December 24, 2012

I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.  ~Charles Dickens

While, being an atheist, this is not my holiday, I do think Dickens nails the best of this season in the above quote. He's not very optimistic about human relations the rest of the year but even he, the creator of Scrooge, sees some hope.

For those of you entertaining with food during the next week(s), be sure to check out The Huffington Post today:


for some great looking make-ahead brunch ideas. I particularly like the Blueberry Maple Breakfast Bake (#3) and the Cheddar, Ham and Scallion Cups (#17). I'm thinking healthier bread for the first and turkey bacon instead of ham for the second. But both are sooooo simple.

Nothing more today since so many of us are feeling the holiday time crunch. Me, included. I must go buy dessert for a party tonight and I hope there's not a mad rush for sweets because I didn't pre-order anything.

Whether you celebrate your religious holidays in the next two days or not, have a wonderful time during this ubiquitous holiday season.

See you Wednesday.

No comments: