Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
 Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday 
 
WTF is going on with the web? DH's professional website will no longer be supported starting next year. My blog comes up "closed" on my desktop computer. That is, I can read it but there is no top bar for signing in, creating a new post, etc. But, on the other computers in the house, their is still a functioning top bar. If only I were a tea bagger, I could blame Obama-care!
 
Which brings me to the realization that since all this hospice stuff, my view of the machinations of politics, of the ruling human species, has become so filled with ennui it's practically dormant. So let's get right to some picks:
 
 
A lot of brain exercise on this site, and typing. Take the Countries of the World quiz, I looked at it and thought: Hey, no country is highlighted. What one do they want me to type in? Then I realized: It's a map of the world, dummy. They want you to type in every country. Looks very suitable for lunch time relaxation at work.
 
This next one is very esoteric, may not be of interest to many, but for the myth/metaphor alone it's worth a visit (and even more than one):
 
 
This University of Rochester site explores the Camelot legend. Arthurian legends blend the pagan with the Christian; take the Anglo-Saxon myths and give them the face of Christian myths. Click all around this site, you'll be taken on a fantastic adventure.
 
And finally:
 

Picture galleries, not suitable for office openings though. I'm going to let you explore this site. It looks interesting, different and promising.

That's it for today. Last night, the hospice MD visited for 2 hour, today the hospice nurse will be here in less than 2 hours. Got to go. See you next week.
 

No comments: