Friday, December 27, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
  Tax the Rich
 
Knitting Friday
 
Sorry for no Website Wednesday. It was Christmas Day. Forgot all about that. It's a national holiday.... So I took the day off.
 
Really original excuse for no pictures (after I promised) today: DH had a 13 hour transfer of files between 2 computers. I was warned, doubled warned, tripled warned (his computer has the pictures for KF) not to touch his computer during that time. And I didn't. 
 
Plus, DM has taken a turn downward and I'm just plain tired.
 
So, a short post re: what I'm knitting or crocheting.
 
Still working my my generic top (pictured a few weeks ago) and I really have enough yarn for a dress but I'll stop at tunic length.
 
On my 4th circular shawl:
 
 
It's crochet but it's the easiest, best fitting shawl pattern I have ever done, and the warmest. I've never made the border yet. I just work the pattern with its increasing sections until it's wide enough then I work on without the increases to the length. Can be boring but it's so much in keeping with the architectural "form follows function" principle.
 
I started knitting the Downton Abbey shawl:
 
 
but it was in fingering and it was just a bad marriage of yarn and pattern. So back to the frog pond it went and I'm looking at a free baby blanket pattern from Ravelry for the yarn:
 
 
It's a simple 2 double crochets and 1 single crochet in one stitch every 4th stitch. I'm thinking of using a very large hook.

And finally, the Thank You cowl:

 
Its crocheted ruching makes a very interesting pattern which I would work as a large scarf. This one really has to have the right yarn.
OK, no pictures today, but a few links I hope you will like.

See you next week. Hopefully with pictures. Happy knitting.
 
 
 
 

No comments: