Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
Been sleeping on an indoor/outdoor chair (with ottoman) for the past few days. It can be done if you lower the chair to a bed position and then place bed pillows just like you would on a normal bed. And now I know when I never went into nursing; because while I don't sleep much, when I do you can explode bombs next to me and I'll sleep through that right into eternity.
 
Obama gave the State of the Union last night and I didn't listen. You can just kick a dog so many times before he knows his "master's" intents. (Oh, pup, I just tripped. Dog: Yeah, right. Woof! Woof!) Promises, promises, promises, oh, so many promises. And in this divergence into politics, let me ask: Why did the new US senator from NJ, Cory Booker, who has absolutely no foreign affairs experience (except for running the war zone called Newark, NJ) join fellow renegade Democrats to call for harsh sanctions against Iran? A call which is so very controversial and confrontational just as the world is entering into meaningful negotiations with Iran? Are we looking at the fine Machiavellian hand of AIPAC money behind Booker? He's attractive, articulate and black. Is this part of the grooming of a possible future president of the US who, if elected, will look very favorable on AIPAC goals? Just asking.
 
Not looking to make Americans into geniuses, I still think this site:

 
will help all of us stretch our brains if we wish. You get all sorts of mind stretching websites here, ranging from the Khan Academy to Cooking for Engineers to guitar playing. I'm interesting in exploring Quora and Couchsurfing and also I'll take another look at MIT Open Courses. (I like Yale's free courses better.)
 
Bookmark this page for future visits. I think it will be worth it.


The next site, above, is just a very short video; but I think you'll be impressed.

And below may cause a lot of people to say: See, I told you prices have gone up:

 
I want the 5 cent candy bar back!
 
Now, some reading:
 
 
OK, I've used lists of books before but the above list has you click onto a "private" summary/review site (not an Amazon sales site.) Also, if you click "Origin" you get sent to Project Gutenberg where you can read the book. (You have to work slightly to get there, but it's all free.)
 
 And finally, a game because we all need to relax:

 
I usually don't like this type of game (I'm more of the "Escape this Place" player where I get hopelessly stuck and have to cheat with a walk-through) but this one grows on you. Good interface.
That's it for today. See you next week.
 
 
 
 

No comments: