Friday, January 8, 2010

Pass National Health Care With Public Option Now

Knitting Friday

A fast blog today because I'm not on my computer and I have someone breathing down my neck who wants to use this computer asap.

I decided that if the world is on fire, I might as well spend the time shit-faced so in the first three days of the new year I made the following wine cozies to accompany my drinking pals:


There's nothing special about the basic pattern; the yellow one is crocheted. The other two are knitted: CO 36 sts on US7. Work about 3 - 4" of K2, P2 in the round with an eyelet row about halfway down for a tie. Then continue in all K to the bottom. Work 1 row P, 2 row K and then deccrease with *K2tog, K3* around, K 1 row, *K2tog, K2* around, K1 row. You get the pattern. You can fudge it to fit; no one will see the bottom. Decrease to about 8 stitches. Cut and weave a needle through the stitches; pull tight and fasten.

It's that simple.

I think I'm going to distinguish my wine cozies (from the millions out there) with my interesting tops. The crocheted cozy has loops. The pink one has a double-triple crocheted flower and the purple one has a flat mushroom top.

Here's the pattern for the crocheted cozy (without the loops):

http://crochet-patterns-techniques.suite101.com/article.cfm/crochet_a_wine_bottle_cozy_gift_holder


OK, got to run. It's tough to type under pressure.

Happy knitting.

Oh, I'm really not taking up drinking but I am addicted to wine cozies.









No comments: