Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Website Wednesday

There was no Movie Monday because I started to think about the whole medium of movies after I saw a show on ReelZ TV promoting Water for Elephants and I thought: I'm watching a bloody infomercial! The only difference being George Foreman is not going to step out and ask me to buy his grill. More on this next Monday.

I've listened to an entire course on the US Civil War and Reconstruction from the open courses program from Yale. Not my favorite university but then I have a problem with elitism in anything. But, I do think they have excellent free online courses. Here's the link to all the Yale courses, which I think I may have posted before with a list of other free online courses:

http://oyc.yale.edu/ just click on "History" in the left column.

Right now, I'm listening to John Merriman's course on European Civilization, 1648 - 1945. He speaks faster than I do but if you want a great explanation of what capitalism is all about and the damage it can do without government restraints, listen to him.

My website pick this Wednesday is:

http://aggsliterature.wordpress.com/

I must be in the learning mode but i love english literature is worth the view, and then some. I'm not going to spoil the trip so just click around. For example, you can learn The Observer's top 100 novel picks or read letters from WWI soldiers.

It's a current blog; the latest entry was April 2. Don't forget to scroll way down to the bottom for the Archives and Blog Roll.

Got to go now and see if I can squeeze out 50+ minutes for another Merriman lecture.

Enjoy.

No comments: