Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
Website Wednesday

I'm in the middle of listening to a class on Measure for Measure and I'm loving it. It made me take another look at this play and I can't believe it is such an easy read. I have an hour plus left to listen on this play and then I have to get started with Othello for the next session. This is the free Harvard course from 2007 I mentioned last week.

Then the boy has to memorized the Mountain West states for Friday. At least there are only 6 of them so with states, capitals and postal abbreviations he will only have 18 blank spaces to navigate this time. He seems to like the studying (read that as memorization) for these test thought I don't know what the retention rate is going to be.
Link

My pick today is wacky and fun:

http://www.oddee.com/

Oddee says of itself: Oddee™ is an entertainment blog on oddities, attracting well over two million unique visitors each month. Focused on the odd, bizarre and strange things of our world, its daily articles and sections explore subjects from Science to Advertising and Technology; over 15 million pages are read at Oddee™ every month.

I look at it as a "grab a cup of coffee during a few spare minutes and check it out" type of site. There are a lot of annotated lists and that's a real favorite for me. You can read presently about tattoo, chairs, urinals, or fruit carvings - and that's only a small section of the lists.

Take a look. It's worth it. Oh, 60% of their traffic is male. Should I say "beware?" Enjoy.

No comments: