Friday, November 11, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

Pretty much nothing new, except: my man's scarf is practically done (the man just has to try it on for length); the pink lace small shawl I was knitting in the pattern I posted last Friday has been frogged, and Wolkistchen from Ravelry has started another Advent Calendar Scarf KAl, this time for 2011. Website below:

http://www.ravelry.com/groups/advent-calender-scarf-2011

First the man's scarf: hubby asked for it and I love it when someone asks for a knitted project (the last being the boy's requests for a Mario blanket and a Mario pillow) so I decided on a *K3, P3* row and a *K1, P1* row pattern. It's a very simple pattern and it probably has a nice name. All I know, it's reversible and looks like ribbing with design.

Second, the pink lace shawl. Well, I looked at it last night and for some reason the pattern meandered. That's usually OK, but it was for just about 5 rows about 2" into the shawl. Something I did wrong, I'm sure. It did frog nicely, however and I'm now working with a J hook on the crochet version of my shawl (scroll back a few Fridays for the pattern.) I know this one comes out big and airy after blocking and I'm using long threads on each side in the last loop to be worked since it's just too easy go around the neck edge and work another loop.

And finally, the Advent Calendar Scarf. If you're religious, go for it; if not, don't be put off by the word "advent." I made the 2010 version last year (one clue on each of the 24 days of Advent) with some modifications since I was at 100" in length on the 18th day. Wolkistchen does excellent charts (plus written instructions) and the KAL members are very helpful. 2010 was when I first worked crocheted nupps, (what an easy variation); and, I first worked only from charts (how did I only read the directions all these years?)

I think you must join Ravelry for this KAL, (which I'm assuming is free as last year's [Ravelers can be so generous]), but the easy registration is sooooo worth it. Now, I have to search for the right wool, probably purple, because, well, because I have it! But I do have three pairs of Chia Goo Red Lace needles, US 6, US 8 and US 10, (did I tell you how much I love my lace Chia Goo?) so I think I'm ready in the needle department. I'm assuming since it's a scarf, it'll be a rectangle so I'm thinking another shawl since that is usually an easy stretch.

OK, enough typing. I've got to start finishing some WIP since on December 1, we start getting one clue a day.

But finally before I forget, we heard from Seeing Eye and Miss M made the cut and is entering her final training. We will be able to see her before she's placed but, of course, there will be no contact. I'm missing her more now than when she first left. Go figure. But some happy news, a new batch of puppies are coming in for placement. Though no one can replace Miss M, just as no one will be able to replace the second pup.

Happy knitting.

No comments: