Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich


Website Wednesday

OK, I must make this fast and happy today because I am in the middle of my Advent Calendar Scarf which is being made by an atheist and is definitely going to be shawl, not scarf sized and will get much too big so I can't include all the 24 days of Advent patterns; but outside of that it's coming along swimmingly. (Quick background: A very generous German woman posts 24 different knitting pattern samplers [24 rows] for each day of Advent. She charts them and writes out the directions [sometimes the English translation has German phrases so we get a bonus language lesson] and we follow along knitting one pattern a day [Ha! I'm 2 days behind already.] and chatting on Ravelry re: our progress.) My every spare minute is spent knitting. If you check the calendar you'll see that the first day of Advent was Thursday, December 1 and my blog just fell off the edge of the earth after that.

But in the midst of Obama finally finding his voice (and his sincere voice this time, I'm sure) and addressing the 99%ers in America to tell them that they have been royally screwed during the first 3 years of his administration (but not by him of course, or any Democrat running in 2012) and the fact that this is the holiday season (and our species does need holiday cheer), I thought I would present two happy choices.

OK, maybe the first won't make you happy because it's a two foods comparison chart:

http://www.twofoods.com/

You plug in any two foods and the site spews out the nutrition guide for each food based on similar weight. I didn't believe it when they listed a small McDonald's FF and a plain baked potato as close in calories but a Google search proved them right. So keep this site handy as you imbibe and indulge this holiday season. You'll be the life of the party pulling out your i Phone and telling everyone their calorie consumption.

And then there's this:

http://www.peachygreen.com/wildlife/incredible-wildlife-photography

These are amazing wildlife photos from Peachy Green which appears to be a site dedicated to making the earth greener but making people feel good, not guilty, about doing this. So after you take a look at this pics, cruise the site; there's a lot to read and see here.

Now, it's back to my knitting marathon. Enjoy.




No comments: