Friday, December 23, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

I am bereft of ideas. I finished my sweater late last night, too late for pictures. My Advent scarf is about 1/3 finished. I'm working on the most luscious feeling wool shawl which is a remake from another shawl of which I said before frogging: I will never wear this. It never had this luscious feeling first time round so I'm worried about blocking. I still have a black, metallic sweater I was going to finish Xmas. Ain't goin' happen. And my green lace shawl is yummy but still has ways to go. But outside of those, I'm clueless for a blog today.

You can try this so simple pattern if you wish:
In the round: Row 1: *K1, P1* Row 2: K (this row is P if you're knitting flat)

You get the stretchiest rib which is reversible but different on each side. I worked with two skeins of Paton Classic Wool and I finished a sleeveless pullover with enough yarn left for a winter headband but my husband suggested: Why don't you keep knitting? So I did, and wound up with a below the hip sweater. So stretchy; so cool.

I'll leave you with a pattern I'm eying:

http://lovincomfortknits.blogspot.com/2007/04/suprise-from-sk-and-i-snow-white-friend.html

I know I don't want to make a triangular shawl but I spilled a mother-load of mini-skeins of leftover yarn yesterday and I got to thinking: I really should do something with this. I'm wondering about using her stitch pattern/technique and making Joseph's shawl of many colors.

OK, I must return to knitting. So little time. I wonder; could I pull an all-nighter and finish that black sweater for tomorrow? Hmmmmmm.

Happy knitting.



No comments: