Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

 Website Wednesday
Well, sit me down, I have the vapors! My dinky little blog has been revamped by my server (OK, they didn't do this for me alone, but I'm willing to send them a personal thank-you note.) so that when I went to post today, I was greeted with a completely different prep page. So, I think: WTF? What happened while I was sleeping? Not having signed out on Monday, I decide to sign out now and power up the site again, perhaps sending the wacky page gremlins packing.

So, just minutes ago, I signed back in and discovered: my server has moved into the 21st century! Now I can track the traffic on my blog! Truth be told, I have always thought (except for three comments I have received - and cherished, I might add) that except for the times I prod DH with guilt so he reads my blog, no one is "watching" me. I have always thought my postings were great for typing skills and logical thinking skills. But......... wait for it! ........ over 7,000 people have visited my blog!. Oh, thank you, thank you! I know I'm being shamelessly obsequious  but I'm a kid with the toy he always wanted or the proverbial pig in shit. Happy day!

Now, I hope I can edit my posts in this new version since you can't believe the mistakes you can make posting in the wee hours of the morning, as I sometimes do. Hell, you can't believe the mistakes I can make posting all day long.

I had planned on a very, very short post today because my pick has a lot of reading:


This page is part of the JVJ Publishing  which is a publishing site offering books about and by illustrators/artists. But what really drew me to this site is the pick linked above. This page connects you to text and picture-rich links of over 100 book illustrators such as Vargas, Wyeth and Wally Wood (who did, among other things, the illustrations for the iconic famous people biographies for kids.)

I know that I'm a sucker for pictures but seldom do you get the rich histories of the men/women behind the work.This page alone is an archival treasure which should be remembered and preserved.

So, enough of me talking, grab your coffee and start clicking around this website pick. I bet there will be plenty of times you find yourself thinking: I didn't know that. Enjoy!

No comments: