Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
 Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
Little Miss L
Miss L will be leaving us in a few weeks. Today is her first anniversary with us and, unlike Miss M, Seeing Eye will be taking these litters back earlier for training. She came younger and she is leaving us younger. She goes on to do very important work but it's still very sad.
 
Next time, to the question: What type of dog would you like?, we wrote: Surprise us. This could be interesting.
 
This is another one of those "get up, get dressed, get out early" days so I wouldn't even think about political pontificating because the Pope did some of that the other day when he intoned that capitalism must not go unchecked (Good call, Pope.) and I'm still watching Oliver Stone's The Untold Story of the United States and dishearteningly discovering: We all be bad.
 
But I am thinking about reworking my banner: Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings since I think capitalism may even be worse than feudalism but more on that another day.
 
Let's start with:
 
 
which says succinctly about itself: This is an art scrapbook of links more than images, Rated PG-13. Image manipulation happens.
 
I'm not quite sure about what's going on here but I like it and I think you will also. Makes you think via pictures. Not for office use, though.
 
This site I'm linking to because you know I love photos:
 
 
But be sure to go to the main site:
 
http://www.studentbeans.com/  and click on: 22 things to make you smile.
 
If that dog doesn't make you smile, you have a very cold soul indeed. I really don't care if it could be photo shopped: He's happy, I'm happy.
 
OK, Student Beans is for UK students. As the About says: Providing students with discounts, entertainment and advice on all things student, studentbeans.com speaks directly to over 500,000 UK students every month....Unique offers and exclusive editorial features mean that students enjoy the entertainment, advice and money saving opportunities that studentbeans.com provides for free. studentbeans.com also offers a vital touch point for brands to connect with students in a sustained and engaging environment. 
 
But it's young, fresh and fun. 
 
And finally, a pick which belongs on Friday but I think their needle sale is ending tomorrow, Thursday: 
 
 
If this doesn't take you to their needle sale, click around. Now there will be other needle sales (DM always says that you get your best sales into January and February when people are paying off holiday gift bills and stores want to lure customers in.) but if you're a committed knitter, this one is pretty sweet. My recommendation: I love Sunstruck for lace and the nickel-plated (why doesn't that set have a catchy name?) for slickness. Whatever you choose, be sure to check each needle for smoothness at the joins, good firm joins, size, etc. and call KP's excellent customer service with any problems. (No, I'm not a KP shill. More on why I like this company on Friday.) 
 
That's it for today. Back soon. 

 

No comments: