Friday, April 26, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
 
Knitting Friday
 
Still trying to pace myself and get enough sleep. Horrible episode on Wednesday night. We think her heart stopped and then restarted. It can happen. Unfortunately, I'm afraid this hospice (where everyone seems to believe in god absolutely) will look at it as a "miracle." Today, she is so much better and stronger. Not a miracle but these are the seeds on which the first religions grew.
 
I mentioned this Lion Brand shawl last week:
 
 
It's called Tranquil Shawl and here's my rendition of it in dishcloth (hate that adjective) cotton:
 
#1 Tranquil Shawl
#2 Tranquil Shawl details
 On the left is the entire shawl, which is 41" x 18.5" and it just the right size for a summer cover-up.
I talked about this pattern last Friday and here are a few changes I made: 1) I worked Row 5 as triplet crochet to give me more width (big complaint was the shawl grew in length too fast). I could have worked two rows this way, sort of R5a and R5b but I was making a summer shawl and didn't want it too wide. 2) You are supposed to end with R5 (straight double crochet) and then work the edging. That's what I did in the pictures above. However, you could just as easily end on a shell pattern row and work your our edging. 3) I worked picots along the top edge: *ch 5, sc in 4th ch from hook, sl st in next 2 sts* across. 4) Don't make this in crochet thread. The stitch definition is difficult to see.

Another project I working on is:

 http://us.knitsmc.com/patterns/short-sleeve-sweater-ajour-pattern

It's a free short-sleeved sweater pattern, no registration. I'm using my generic top-down sweater pattern (scroll through past blogs; it's posted multiple times) and only the lace pattern from the above pattern. It's purl and lace, not knit and lace which makes for an interesting look. I'm not working the "k together with selvedge stitch" since I have no idea what that means.

More on this next week. Got to go. Happy knitting. 

No comments: