Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
First my blog page came up all screwed up today (apparently, changes have been made) and I thought: More time for lace knitting. Because I have started lace knitting with DK yarn on US 11 needles and for those who don't understand a word of this, I'll just say that lace knitting on large needles is so very, very addictive and every key stroke I type is keeping me from my new BFF.
 
But my web meister fixed his/her problems so here I am and let's get started:
 
 
I know I bombard you with historical photos but they always fascinate me. This is quite an eclectic group and don't forget to go to Seriously For Real's home page:

 
for some for some more interesting, off-the-wall, all-over-the-map entries. Probably not for the office.
 
You may think I'm fixated on animals. Well, now it's animals and sunsets:

 
Click around this site. I think you'll agree those faces are adorable. I am such a sucker for pretty animal faces.
 
And now that you're completely relaxed and happy, let's get serious:

 
This site will explain myths and before your eyes roll back to the sleep position: myth is metaphor and metaphor is the land in which we live.
 
I call this site "myths lite" in that you get an overview of the universality of myths, their meaning and their importance but you're not presented with tomes retelling the zillions of myths man has invented. This is an excellent place to start your journey and, if you find this as fascinating as I do, be sure to click on Web Links to continue your journey.

And finally, because the lace is calling me and time is short:

 
If you have kids, if you ever were a kid (now there's a trick question for you), take a look at this list of the 50 best books for kids. See if you agree. See if you have read any of them. The only active link with each book is a trip to Amazon where you will get some book and author info and interesting reviews. Wow! Reading that list, I'm going through my childhood, the kids' childhoods. Talk about memory lane!
 
That's it for this Wednesday. See you next week.
 

No comments: