Wednesday, November 27, 2013


Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
 Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
If you read me last Friday for Knitting Friday, you know I was a complete failure. First, DH (very busy) didn't upload the pictures. No problem, I would talk about a shawl I was making, except for some mysterious reason the Ravelry site was suddenly devoid of the usual link to the pattern. So I waited and thought and the more I waited the further I got from even wanting to post. So I didn't.
 
Only two picks today; I'm tired, probably depressed, the hospice nurse could be here within the hour.......
 
 
Unusual site but very interesting and it's a two-fer: a Wednesday pick which is of Movie Monday interest. You click on a decade and get scores of screen shots of movie titles from that time. But if you love movies, click on (buy) and get sent to an Amazon site with a lot of good review stuff. So, if you love movies, this is a site for return visits.
 
I'm thinking Politico is a right-wing mag and I'm going to burn in hell for posting it (it's touts Politico is brought to you by the Bank of America for crying out loud) but these are great pictures.
 
 
That's it. Short and, I hope, sweet. Profound thought for the day: I noticed that only thin, attractive, tight-fitingly-dressed women are news/business talking shows co-hosts, while the men on these shows, whether co-hosts or guests, come in all sizes and happily show off what our society considers physical ugliness, like weight or "plain looks." So I listen to the "wisdom" from these men and think of the women: whom did they sleep with to get here. What an insult that the physical spectrum for women is so narrow on TV. How demeaning to all women!
 
See you next week. Hopefully after I get a good nap. 

No comments: