Monday, March 29, 2010




"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Movie Monday or Not?

What? You say: Where is the director/screenwriter/editor review of Twilight which you promised?

Well, what do you think of this as an excuse:



or this:









This adorable pup is 7 weeks old and arrived last Friday. She will one day be a service dog but for a year she will be lazing her days with us (and apparently doing a good deal of praying if that picture is any indication.

For this blog, I'm calling her Miss M (not a singer like Bette Midler, but very divine.)

Her real training begins when she leaves us in a year (there won't be a dry eye in the place) but we're learning some things we have to do even now. One thing is that her toys can't be objects from real life, like a telephone. So she has a gingerbread man doll. When did you ever come across those guys walking down the street? Unless you're a hungry fox.

Also, you can't use the word "out" for potty time. Once again, that word is ubiquitous so we have to ask "Park time?" Oh, that is going to be a real memory challenge.

I think 7 weeks is too early to be weaned from mom but then dog is not my species, so what do I know?The first couple of nights were without sleep for everyone and the times in the cage (boy, that's a real nice cage) were pooh and pee fests. As the boy said: The gingerbread man had real issues. That is, gingerbread man, the fleece mat, the whole cage and Miss M. had to be bathed - many times.

The girl, who has primary responsibility for Miss M. (the boy's turn is with the next one) has been a real trouper. Coat and shoes ready for midnight and later Park times; exhausted but content and caring.

This is going to be a developing story and I think I'll blog about it occasionally - look at the popularity of TBogg's beagles.

I know I find it interesting as to how service dogs get initially trained and now I'm in on the ground floor. I hope you will interested too.

Now, I ask you: How can I sully those adorable pictures with a movie review?

I'll just leave you to savor them and I promise my review will come next Monday. I know you're saying: Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! I guess I deserve it. But isn't that a cute puppy?

No comments: