Saturday, June 12, 2010

"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Knitting Friday - on Saturday

Yesterday was a traveling day plus I really had nothing knit-wise to share - not that today is much better.

A couple of little things to report:
1- I blocked the finished shawl pictured on Saturday, 5/29 (another Knitting Friday on Saturday.) I had worn it the night before unblocked because I was cold and it matched my multi-blue sweater. What a difference in the look the next day after I blocked it! (It only took a few hours because it is so airy.) It went from nice to beautiful. Unfortunately, I discovered at blocking a dropped stitch. However, this was not a fatality because it was only 1 stitch of a K2tog so I was able to work the very loose stitch into the pattern. Only if I enter this into a Master Knitters' competition will anyone notice this flaw.
2 - But the really big news of the week is that my Equinox Top:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/equinox-top

which was only about 5 inches from completion now sleeps with the fish in the frog pond. I really like the pattern but I was using US 9 needles because I was "yarn amount unsure." With such large needles, I was getting a very loosey-goosey feel to the fabric and very large holes with the YOs. Although, I still don't like the fact that this is knitted inside out (probably because P3tog is easier than K3tog) I'm going to tackle this top again; this time on smaller needles and with enough yarn.

So while the Equinox top has been a disappointment, I've cast on for this top:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60433.html?r=1

I'm hoping this is a winner. How can I mess up 4 stitch ribbing?

And, talking about winners, after all the patterns I've seen at Lion Brand, this on really looks worth the effort:

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/80928AD.html?noImages=

I think it has a look worthy of Vogue though I do think I'd make the neckline lower.

Well, that's it for today.

Happy Knitting.




No comments: