Wednesday, June 2, 2010

"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Before Israel decided to spit in the eye of the US, and the rest of the world, by attacking the aid flotilla, I was listening to Hillary Clinton talking about our great ally, South Korea.

Oh, allies! Our praise is so fulsome; our hypocrisy so stunning!

Website Wednesday

If you noticed, there was no Movie Monday. I decided to take Memorial Day off and engage in that great American pastime: shop to commemorate a holiday. I didn't shop long though so I engaged in the another popular American pastime: going to the pool. OK, I just sat and knitted but, not once, did the siren call of my blog reach my ears. But, I'm ready for Website Wednesday:

http://www.dump.com/

The Dump is a picture-submitting site. I seem to gravitate to picture sites. This is another cute one. It's a current site. Take a look at the leaping cat picture which is up. Apparently, you vote for your fav pictures and the results are posted.

Now, I hope this next pick is not too "girly:"

http://www.desiretoinspire.net/

It says of itself: ....Whether highlighting interior designers and decorators, architects, stylists, photographers or their owner readers' homes, Desire to Inspire aims to do just that ... inspire. Sit back, pour a cup of tea and enjoy!

Confession time: I love to read floor plans and imagine the rooms slightly different or the entire design much different. One of my favorite series of books is: The Atrium Library of Interior Design. I've been known to visit model home and then come home and redecorate. And, at least twice a year, the siren call of moving furniture grabs me.

OK, back to this website. You do get inspiration. You get minimalist design; you get the French country look; you get interesting commentary; you get reader comments, some with good substance (always a delight.) And, you get Pets on Furniture! How could you not love it?

So take a look at these websites. Good summer reading. Good ideas.

No comments: