Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Website Wednesday

Well, the newsletter got printed and delivered on Monday. Now, no bitching for about three weeks when I have to start the process all over.

I did watch the Superbowl on Sunday. It was a fairly exciting game, especially with my I Pad and knitting to fill the time during all those commercials and pre-game time, half-game time, three-quarter's game time shows (you name it.)

Today, my picks are pretty eclectic. I thought this one was rather peaceful feeling:

http://weavesilk.com/

I made a Z on the screen and then their program took over to color in and expand the shape. But it was still Z-looking.
I don't think clicking other links on the site is productive but this feature is quite zen.

Living in a country which seems to accept supernatural as real and science as doubtful, here's a fairly easy site for non-scientists:

http://www.scientificamerican.com/

Scientific American is not Science, which is a magazine for scientists and where I sometimes understand the summary of the article; but not always. SA, however, is very good for the non-scientist (or the scientist slumming it) because it tackles some high-brow subjects like: 'Next-generation' machines sequence single molecules of DNA and Mathematics' Nearly Century-Old Partitions Enigma Spawns Fractals Solution. I had no idea what I should be expecting here but I did scan the second article and it was quite easy to understand.

Truth be told, I linked onto this site because the lead article then was that the old adage that moms have told daughters through the ages: play hard to get, may actually be true: A Scientific Dating Insight: Create Uncertainty. (Good Valentine’s Day advice?)

Finally, some fun:

http://www.riddlenow.com/

If you click the riddles or the murder mysteries, you’ll get an assortment of choices. If you click the Chinese IQ Test or the Brain Teasers, you’ll only get one option to answer. (Both CIQT and BT are well-known puzzles.)

I do hate riddles because they can be so tricky. These riddles are more logic than riddle “got you!” puzzles. Like, figuring out the one statement the convict can make so the judge has to release him. The murder mysteries tell you a story and show you pictures and be sure to look at them carefully.

Well, that’s it for this Wednesday. See you on Knitting Friday when I will wax so enthusiastically about my blocking wires.

No comments: