Friday, February 25, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

Just a fast post today because it's a traveling day but I feel so guilty about not posting last Friday when I did have the time but I just lazed around all day knitting and blocking. It was heaven.

Because I had that time last Friday, all my projects (but one) came off the needles. There was nothing left to finish except my mitered square remnants shawl which was has been hanging around for a few years and I really should finish.

However by this Friday, I have two shawls in the works and two tops. One shawl is a purple (why did I buy that color?) mix of wool, mohair and acyclic. I didn't realize the mohair can be coarse so this purples went from a warm top (because mohair is also warm) to a trinity stitch shawl on US 13. It works.

The tops are both brown hues, a color I seldom wear so obviously the wool was on sale.

And finally, a picture of the Advent Calendar Shawl. The one on the right shows it being blocked. You can't see it but the dining room table has been extended and the chairs at the ends both have laundry baskets on them to hold up the mats because while the width blocked to 27", the length blocked to 100 ".

All this showed me that I need more blocking pads. However, using the table did save my back this time.

On the left is the blocked shawl with no wires on a darker background. Once again, I'll give you the web site for this shawl.

Advent Calendar Lace Shawl/Scarf:
http://www.von-stroh-zu-gold.de/muster/?p=40

Remember, you don't have to make a shawl but you should download the 24 lace patterns. I only worked up to Day 14 in the patterns and by then I was skipping around so I think the Day 14 spot is filled with the Day 18 pattern. (And, if you make nupps [I love nupps!], use the crochet hook method.)

Happy knitting.

No comments: