Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Website Wednesday

Today, I got an e-mail warning me of the terror of the Muslims. Last Friday, I watched my last Real Time with Bill Maher. Last time because I really can’t listen to a guy who shoots propagandistic drivel that all Muslims are bad husbands. That’s just crap and stupid. So I won’t be watching Maher (oh yeah, that boycott should bring him to his knees!) and I just sent a “Reply All” to the e-mail saying that was I ashamed to read such propagandistic, bigoted drivel. Thus reducing my TV choices and my friends/acquaintances during the same week.

Oh, and the US just vetoed the UN resolution condemning the illegal Israeli settlements (although the US does admit they’re illegal.) The illogic of our Ambassador Rice stating the reasons for this veto was breathtaking! So I guess this is the final nail and I can sit out voting for the top of the ticket in the next presidential election. This administration just hit the home run in the area of “same old, same old” in foreign policy. (And don’t get me started on the banks and Wall Street bailouts.) The Nobel committee gave this guy a peace prize? Wow!

But I am happy with my websites this Wednesday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6egUsZvWu4

Yes, this is You Tube. I guess you could call it: Variation on Watching Paint Dry. Words don’t do justice to it; just watch and listen to the music. Creative and relaxing.

http://murphed.com/

I came across this page by navigating from Some Law To Live By:

http://murphed.com/2009/03/11/some-laws-to-live-by/ - which is a compilation of those wacky “laws” of life like:

Things get worse under pressure - Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics
Sometimes it takes several years to recognize the obvious - Sy's Law of Science
If you are in a hole, stop digging - 1st Rule of Excavation
There is no issue so small that it can't be blown out of proportion - Ruckert's Law

-which state what we all think, but states it so much better than we think it.

From “About”, we learn: [via diclib.com] All the humor on here is found somewhere else. I just pay the bills and post the material.

Click around on the topics in the right column from the main site. I chose: Economy and got sent to Proof the Economy is in Recovery. A click there sent me to a Wendy’s restaurant billboard with the words: Now Hiring One Person.

It’s not nuclear physics but it’s not fart jokes either (well, I didn’t find them ------yet.)

Humor can make you do more than smile; it can make you think. Take a look at Murphed, many times. And does someone know the music from the YouTube video?

Enjoy.

No comments: