Friday, August 12, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

This is a travelling day and it's been so long since the last one that I've almost forgotten the drill. I was very good and got the picture of the shawl I wanted to show you today but it's on the other computer so I'm typing sans pictures. (Oh, I love to use one of the three French words I know!) So, I'll wait till next week for the picture and the directions for my mystery, oh-so-simple shawl.

I do have to say that if you want a lace summer shawl which could probably be crocheted (the knitted version will follow later) in one day of heavy work, get a H hook and one skein of Aunt Lydia mercerized cotton # 10, 350 yards by next Friday. Michaels sells Aunt Lydia (what smooth feeling cotton to work with) so don't forget the 40% off coupon. My black shawl cost me $1.79. Talk about a bargain!

I'll leave you with a Ravelry shawl pattern this week just because it's one of the very few I printed out.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amys-scarf-2

It's made up of lace squares and is listed as a scarf but the repeats are 34 stitches and I think it would make a lovely shawl.

Enjoy.

No comments: