Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Website Wednesday

I'm pretty depressed right now. Sunday night, I was watching Inside Job, a documentary about the worldwide financial collapse of 2008 and ten minutes before the end I get a call from the Obama campaign asking for money. Well, I was going to post the movie for Movie Monday but the call sort of added a new dimension to my review. (It was quite a call!) So I packed it in Monday and started to think about puppies and flowers.

The puppies part makes me sad though because today is the day Miss M is returning to the Seeing Eye trainer and she will start her training as a service dog. On Monday, we did a movie with her and the kids. I know we're going to be sad, but what about Miss M? You hear about dogs who travel miles to return to their former owners. How is she going to feel when after a week (she has been away from home during vacation times) she's not returned to us? Do dogs cry?

For my pick today, I decided to go to pictures because pictures can be so evocative and take your sadness to joy; and, of course, also do the reverse.

http://vi.sualize.us/

VisualizeUs says of itself: VisualizeUs is a social bookmarking website for visual contents - VisualizeUs (read visualize us) allows you to remember your favorite images from all over the web, and share them with everyone.

Sometimes, you are looking through pictures and one of them catches your eye. You know you want to remember it and been able to look at it again in the future, but it's not that easy: downloading to your hard disk is as useless as bookmarking the website in the usual way.

....The power of VisualizeUs resides in the possibility to share your bookmarks with the rest of the world. That's where the key of "social bookmarking" is. And at the same time it's the explanation of the term: bookmarks that you don't keep privately in your browser, but are shared with everyone.

This seems similar to the Ravelry feature where you can share your completed pattern pictures with the rest of the community

It looks like you don't have to register to see the pictures, only to post them. I checked the registration and it seems like a typical one: user name, password and e-mail.

Scrolling around I found
Tumblr under Architecture. It's just the picture of a room but it's such a warm and cozy one that I'm sure my biorhythms (whatever that is) tilted to the positive side. Then I clicked on Funny and the first one, Bad Friend, removed all my frown lines.

Be warned: there is a
Nude section where a lot of the pictures are labeled unsafe and fuzzed out so they need a second click to be shown, which I didn't give them

I enjoy seeing what the the world likes in pictures. Hope you do too. This is a good one-stop-shopping place for that. Enjoy.

No comments: