Friday, October 21, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich

Knitting Friday

Not much today because I'm packing for a small trip (sometimes more difficult than a big trip) and dinner room table is suitcase laden; so no pictures, nuthin'.

Except for all you knitting addicts out there (as I am), I've reworked the knitted shawl (pictured last Friday) so that 2 stitches are increased each side on the first row and 1 stitch is increased each side of the second row. If you remember, I originally said that you should increase two stitches each side until you get to your length. Now, I think it looks better with 6 stitches increased every two rows, not 8 stitches increased every two rows.

These new increases limit your pattern for the body of the shawl since with four stitches increased every row you could work a 4 stitch pattern in the body. Now you can only work a 2 stitch body pattern and perhaps a 6 stitch (and multiple of 6 stitches) pattern but I haven't worked this out yet.

I decided on this increase change as I was blocking the shawl pictured last week. (It really is a wide scarf because I just got bored with the simple pattern. But I did add a corkscrew stitch crocheted fringe to the short ends. Pictures next week.) The curved area (neck area) was much tighter than the crocheted version. That's when I realized I wasn't really crocheting two extra loops each side every row for 8 increases every two rows; I was working 6 increases every two rows. So I was working the crocheted version looser than I thought. I'm knitting a lace weight pink shawl this way right now and I can feel there is more ease in the neck area.

OK, got to go and pack.

Happy knitting.

No comments: