Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
 


Website Wednesday 

OK, I get just too depressed when I read the recently released tax cut plan by WI Rep. Paul Ryan (just what do they put in that cheese from Wisconsin?). He's hoping the American public will buy into it so he and his rich friends can see a fast return to feudalism (We don't need no stinkin' government programs; bring back the poor houses!)

So, I'll grit my teeth and try to really, really believe that I must just consider myself as an ancestor in a species which may someday be worth its existence. (Only speaking for the USA here and definitely NOT speaking for dogs nor horses; both of which are super cool.)

Like, The Great Gatsby's final line, I will  "beat on, boats against the current" and get to my website picks.

In keeping with last lines: 


There are a lot of last lines here with which I'm unfamiliar but it makes me think about a great class assignment: Pick up 10 works of fiction you like and write down their last lines. Could lead to some interesting discussions. Even out of school, I'd like to try this.

I can't believe I haven't linked to this one yet (maybe another site pick also had these pictures):


Be sure to click around all of Apartment Geeks for other clever ideas for living in small spaces. I do love the above page though, since, for some unexplainable reason, small living/storage ideas are very comforting to me. (Number 12 is a hoot.)

Another literary site today. Below is a USA-centric page but click around for worldwide choices:


This lists the most tagged American novels. Click on a book cover and go to more related tags and comments by readers. I am a sucker for comments when they are of the thoughtful type, not the "so's your old man" type. You/I won't be disappointed with these.

Finally, let me end with some pictures:


I'm embarrassed to say that I, who am stronger than an ox emotionally (ha!), teared up with some of them. It's a great selection. Again, be sure to click around; this is a picture e-mail mother lode site.

That's it for today. I guess I'll go out and practice being a good ancestor; that is, after I have another cup of java. See you next week.



  

No comments: