Friday, November 27, 2009


Pass National Health Care With Public Option Now

Knitting Friday

This will be a short post since everyone is probably shopping, resting, or surfing to find recipes for leftover turkey. I just made this with very, very dry turkey (fresh from Trader Joes and the worst turkey I've ever eaten, very sad):

1 onion cut-up
1 can baked beans
cut-up leftover turkey
thinly sliced cheddar cheese
lettuce mix cut into small pieces
chips

Fry the onion in oil. Add the turkey and stir. Add the baked beans and cook. Season to taste. Cover with cheese. Cover pan and melt cheese. Serve on a plate of cut-up mixed greens. Serve with chips.

It was so much better than the Thanksgiving meal. Same turkey but much better.

I'm about to begin the Bella mittens from Twilight:

http://www.subliminalrabbit.com/

It's the first pattern under Free Patterns.

Last night, during Michael's 4 hour, 30% off everything sale, I took the girl and she picked out Paton dark gray wool; the same shade as the mitten pattern. It looks like a complicated pattern but all the Ravelers making it say it's a breeze.

But right now the most important thing on my needles is the Mario blanket for the boy. I'm on tier 5 of the squares and I think I've solved some minor problems. A picture is below:


You're looking at the bottom of the blanket. That's green for the grass, brown for the boots, light blue for the sky and denim blue for Mario's overalls. These are mitered squares. The whole blanket will have an edging of denim blue once I block it.

I'm finally getting the rhythm of this baby and I'm now hoping to finish two tiers a day. It's a little tricky because I had to get sport weight and fingering weight yarn from Knit Picks to get all the colors I needed for Mario. So, I'm using US 7 needles for the sport weight but US 5 for two strands of fingering to get the same-sized squares.

Next week, Ill give the pattern for this blanket. It's really just a ubiquitous mitered square pattern which I have tweaked very severely.

Happy knitting.

No comments: