Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich


Website Wednesday

I’m noticing that the comments to articles in liberal blogs (I don’t think I’m including The Huffington Post in this category anymore since it’s gone from glitzy progressive to glitzy tabloid - big time.) are getting darker and darker: No future for the U.S. Our economy is doomed. Obama sold out.

It makes me pretty discouraged to read that. I may be an existentialist but I guess, like Dumbo and his crazy feather, I always thought some human would come up with a good idea. Silly me. I really did know that when Obama spoke on National Prayer Day saying he wakes each morning and thinks about Jesus that it was all over. Christ on a crutch! The POTUS should awaken each day and if he thinks about anything, it should be the Constitution. The P is POTUS means president, not pastor.

So as the thinking in the heartland gets darker, my website picks get lighter. No writings of Kierkegaard today.

First, a YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY1Lr-yGtd8

Once again, a painter, but watch this guy. At first, I thought he was a local graffiti artist but the finished picture belies that thought. Like that crazy cooking show where the contestants were given a pear, a salmon and lima beans and told to make a meal (I miss that show!), here the artist uses common objects, trash objects and produces art that’s a Wow.

Then:

http://irinawerning.com/back-to-the-fut/back-to-the-future/

You know the pictures of “separated at birth”? We all get a chuckle from them. Here, the photographer takes the same person at childhood and then at adulthood in the same pose and the same clothes. It’s extremely interesting and gives me the wacky thought that with enough time to shop for vintage clothes, I could photography such pictures of my family. (Well, I couldn’t be the photographer since I’m world famous for my unintended photos of ceilings.) Now that would be an interesting family album. Hats off to photographer, Irina Werning. Be sure to click the links in the right column. This is a photographer with panache.

I’ll leave you now, I hope in a happy mood. See you next Wednesday.

No comments: