Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings 
Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
It's lonely looking at the world outside of the accepted cant. Lonely, but I wouldn't want it any other way. Especially when, ever so infrequently, you get thrown a bone; this time in Oliver Stone's The Untold History of the United States. I got to see the second episode last night and it made me sit up because he also doesn't see Harry Truman as a positive force as the successor to FDR. It's nice to know you're not alone.
 
Why even think about Gaza anymore? The Huffington Post's headline picture yesterday was a Twinkie. Now, that's news.
 
In Al Jazeera (11/20/12), Gary Wasserman says about Obama: A great president's legacy does not lie merely in the programmes he passes, the legislation he enacts, the wars he fights. It also lies in the political movement he leads and leaves behind.
 
It made me realize that last line is the one thing the Democratic party has ignored for quite some time. Oh, it will have policies like pro-choice but these policies are reactions to a well-tuned, albeit wacky, solid Republican platform. You're anti-gay; well, we're pro-gay.
 
Maybe that's why I feel Obama could throw us under the bus at any time.
 
 Let's start with a quick read today:
 
 
I've been thinking about propaganda lately and the term "poisoning the well" is a good place to start to understand the verbally illogical traps anyone can set to get his/her POV to become the accepted one.
 
Moving on from this quick, but important read to:
 
 
Which says of itself: Ego Dialogues is a subjective collection of anything I consider interesting, beautiful, fascinating, refreshing, or worth mentioning for other reasons....I am many things: an artist, a designer, a musician, an art lover, a seeker, a photographer, an adventurer,… and others.
 
I like how Sabina Nore thinks. You just have to click all over this site. There's a poem by Yeats, a comparison of Huxley and Orwell, words of wisdom from Woody Allen, clever one-liners, artist's interviews, and don't miss Exquisite Mindscape nor The Space Between Ideas where Stephen Gibb takes you from concept to completion of a work of art.
 
And finally, when even the most cerebral thinker must return to earth and fix the lock on the back door, there's:
 
 
Bob started as a handyman 20 years ago and in that time practical experience has helped him to create a very user-friendly and information-friendly home Improvement/repair website.

Now in no way am I a Ms. Fix-It, but I've had my share of home repairs (Thank you for fixing them, DH.) so just clicking on one topic here, Basement Leaks, I know it starts with good advice: First, check to see if your gutters are channeled away from the foundation.

Bob discusses all sorts of home repair issues. A plus for me is that he is very generous with pictures and good advice (on power washers: be careful not to break your windows or outdoor lighting.)

I very seldom bookmark a home repair site since I figure I'll just google the subject when needed but the Encyclopedia of Home Improvements is going into my library.
 
Before I go, here's another picture of Miss M. I didn't want to leave you with the impression that she spent all her time in her crate "praying." She's 3 months older than the picture from last week and she's holding her Mini-Me,
Miss M, 2 mos. after the "praying" pic
which she loved and had to be replaced a few times. (I don't think she noticed.)

OK, that's it for today. Once again I'm rushing to get out of here by 8 am. See you next week.
 
 

No comments: