Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pass National Health Care With Public Option Now

Website Wednesday

Two interesting (for me) things from yesterday:

1. The boy asked: How long does it take you to make one row of the Mario blanket? I punted since I had no idea. But later that night I started timing. I took about an hour to finish 4 squares. At which point, I was getting bleary and packed it in for the night. So I learned that I'm very slow with this blanket. Which means I've got to squeeze some "quality" knitting time for it today.

2. We called the NJ Division of Taxation re: the problem I discussed yesterday. The branch office, whose number our town tax office gave us, was answered by a human who told us to copy the check and letter and send the proof in. OK, no problem. But then we decided to call the number (phone number for the main Trenton office) on the actual letter hoping that since we had a reference number from 2006 the matter could be handled over the phone. The call was answered by a robot. We were told that they were experiencing an unprecedented amount of calls and could not even put us on hold. We were told to call back before 10 am (it was 9:30 am) and not on a Monday (it was Tuesday.) Hmmmm...... unprecedented phone traffic and it's not even peak tax season......I wonder how many letters such as ours were sent out at the end of last week......

I have two websites for Website Wednesday:

http://www.ellf.ru/photos/print:page,1,27049-lyuvo-yeto-18-foto.html


These are pictures. Take a look at them. Many of them made me think (I like that with pictures.) It seems to be mainly people interacting and most of the interaction is between young and old(er) people.

I can't tell you much more since it's written in what looks to me like a Slavic language so I wouldn't be able to find an "About Us" if it's there. For all I know about photography all the pictures may be posed, but who cares? Movies are "posed" and I love watching them.

My second website is the "manly" one I promised last week:

http://www.esquire.com/


Ah, the iconic Varga girl photos of the past Esquires from Albert Vargas! I have a feeling this is not your father's (grandfather's) Esquire. The current issue has articles on Alberto Gonzales, the Kennedys, Tiger Woods, and 25 things you don't know about women.

It looks like you get to read the articles and see the pictures without registering. (Thank you, Esquire.)

You may not reading Seymour Hersh-type articles here but it is a "do visit" site. Definitely slated towards men (and why not?) but interesting for women. (Hey! Isn't that a famous ad line?)

I'm looking at the "How to Direct Robert De Niro" piece.

There's a lot here for you. Enjoy.





No comments: