Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pass National Health Care With Public Option Now

The Banner

I haven’t written much about politics in the US lately except for my pathetic red banner re: health care which accompanies each post. I soon expect it to become a prop in one of those post-apocalyptic movies where you see the vestiges of a town with a banner swaying in the wind and from the banner you get a sense of what life was like once.

Perhaps, if a higher intelligence comes after us, they will look at my banner and say: WTF? They argued about a basic right like health care?

I can dream can’t I?

I’m thinking of replacing the banner with the best reason I have ever heard for going on and keeping the “faith.”

Life is absurd, but you do the best job you can.

Who ever said existentialism is on the dust heap of philosophy?

Website Wednesday

To post fluff or to post serious? That is the question.

By way of introduction, what ever happened to People magazine? And, how long have I been asleep at the switch? I remember People as a “pop” Time (which I remember as a “pop” history/current events magazine.) People was pictures and people; but a diversity of people. Now, it’s 24/7 celebrities. I don’t know how relevant it was in its former life but now, with the internet, it’s just one more pretty face in a crowded field of instant gossip.

OK, I’m going with frivolous, but pithy frivolous, funny frivolous, well-worth-the-look frivolous:

http://www.baconbabble.com/

It says of itself:

This site’s name “baconbabble” has nothing to do with the articles, or the humorous ideas in them. We just liked the words bacon and babble. We were going to go with the name “rustybaconstrip” because it sounded cooler. However, after learning that it is slang for “an old woman’s vagina” while it made us laugh our asses off, it wasn’t the image we were looking for.

Are you bored and wanting mindless entertainment? Thank God you found this site…

…We‘re bored too, and have been waiting hours to be entertained. We hope you pull up a chair and wait with us. (Jon’s got checkers) Just sayin.

For the short version of the “about us” section. Only read the red words. (Note: go to http://www.baconbabble.com/index.php/about/ to see the red words.)

How could you not visit this site? And what will you find there?

Currently, it’s The History Of The Chocolate Chip Cookie and I learned something. The cookie was originally a test or sample cake. That gives me an idea: Why don’t I make a cake batter but bake it like cookies?

Click on What A Nut! and watch a squirrel swallow a nut. Simple, but hilarious. They also have a Funny Signs page. It's been there-done that stuff; but still very funny. In the September 2009 archive, you’ll learn the simple way to make candied bacon. There are a lot of cute and funny kids pages. And, Oh Shit Moments pages which, even if photo-shopped or posed, are very funny and/or very life-threatening.

This is a really nice site to visit and re-visit. In the pretty somber world out there, Bacon Babble comes to the rescue.

And I forgot: they have some recipes!

No comments: