Friday, December 25, 2009


Pass National Health Care With Public Option Now

Knitting Friday

No, I did not post on Wednesday because I was in the middle of three all-nighters needed to finish the Super Mario blanket:


All-nighters seem to be, once you leave college that is, waking up at all times during the night and working on the task at hand. The first night, I was wiped out at 8:30 but back up at 10 for a three hour knitting session. and then at 4 a.m. for an early morning knitting session Finally, by Thursday morning I only had one color to work so I could finish in bed - heaven!

Like the Swan Princess in the fairy tale, I didn't get to the border. I could have worked on it yesterday but I probably wouldn't have finished by last night (the opening of presents time.) As you can also see, the blanket is not blocked. I think the jury finally came in with a split decision on this but the comment: It looks like Mario when he was all pixels swayed me. For now, it's staying unblocked.

I may never be able to do any more work work on Mario, however, since the boy grabbed it and said: I love it just the way it is. No border. He is the gift recipient so he does get the deciding vote. Now, I have skeins of denim blue yarn left over which I had purchased for the border.......I may finally get to knit the Blue Jeans shawl. Here are the links, first in crochet and then in knit:

http://www.techchick.lunarpages.com/knottie/hobbies/patterns.php?pattern=blueshawl&display=1

http://whatgivesblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/blue-leave-shawl-pattern-remember-this.html

I'm afraid that's it for today. I'm still a little punchy from my all-nighters; we have a brunch to go to in a few hours; and (drum roll please) I haven't been on the internet in three days.

To all who celebrate this season religiously and/or secularly: Happy Holidays








No comments: