Friday, July 12, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
Tax the Rich 

Knitting Friday 

Awakened at 4 am, started up DH's computer (because I need pics on KF and most of the time these don't get backed up on my computer) and was hit with a red warning sign of dangerous malware. Nice person that I am, didn't awakened DH until 6 a.m. when he started a 3+ hours full scan. Long story short: I didn't get another chance to post KF until now. Which is much too late because the kids, the dog, my sick patient are all up and running. So this is going to be very, very short. Sorry.

#1 F & F shawl
 I finally finished my crochet feather and fan shawl. It became quitting time for this beauty (and it really is a beauty) because I got so tired of the two row pattern and the crochet hook slipped from the bag and disappeared. I got to finish the last few rows with a H hook which I think is the size I was using.

Unfortunately, I can't find the free pattern for this. It must be in an earlier posting and I'll get it for next week.

#2 Foundation sc neckband
Also, I finished my white top (which had been frogged two times, washed with weights and re-knit finally into a top with a flared bottom.) I never make flared bottom hems but I decided to do something different. Don't know if I like it so it may get a re-do at the hem. But I do love the foundation single crochet neckband. I posted the directions for this about two weeks ago and I'm quite a happy camper regarding the finished look you get with it.

Right now, I'm working on this project:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/in-the-midnight-hour

In the Midnight Hour. It's a free crochet Ravelry download and it's made as a mobius. But I really like the pattern so I'm going to try and re-construct it as a shawl. More on this later.

Sorry I have to run but the house is bustling. That's the reason I like awakening at 4 a.m.; you can get so much done in a before-dawn household.

See you next week. Happy knitting.

 

No comments: