Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the King
Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday
 
I could string some words together and give you my opinions regarding the US role in the depressing state of the world today but it's been said before and said better so go and listen to/read the Cornell West/Amy Goodman interview at:
 
 
and then to:
 
 
for Jeremy Scahill's talk at C-Span on his book, Dirty Wars
 
West (OK, I do have trouble with his pontificating tone) will take Obama to task for his feeble response to racism in the US and Scahill will enlighten and disgust you as he discusses the megalomaniacal imperialist giant the US has willingly become.
 
On to my website picks, which may be more cheerful. And, just posting them as I saved them, we start with castles of Wales:

 
This has got to be Jeffrey L. Thomas' labor of love. You'll get the history of Welsh castles here with great pictures; many of castles, some of empty land or small houses where the castles used to stand. But there's so much more because after the pictures, Thomas presents the history of these past times, when kings were kings and serfs were serfs. As you know, I'm fascinated as to how the past lived and this site will give you a great window to a sliver of this past. Be sure to click around the top menu bar for hours of viewing and reading.
 
Just a quickie with this one:
 
 
But, can you believe the artistic work this man accomplishes with only snowshoes (he's really not dressed for snow)? This guy is amazing.
 
I don't know if I can't die happy without traveling the following roads in Roads To Drive Before You Die:

 
but I do enjoy looking at these roads from the comfort of my computer screen. Take a look at the Tianman Mountain Road in China or the Sani Pass in South Africa. Now these are what I would call a challenge! I first picked Twisted Sifter in 10/12 but some sites are definitely worth the return visit.

This following blog is a dormant site (last entry in 2011) and not user friendly (no links to the banned books) but it's worth a look at the list of 25 Banned Books That You Should Read Today:

 
Many of these books I know; some I don't. What do you think? Should we read them today?
 
And let me leave you with horrible book covers at:
 
 
I love this list. Ah, the innocence of by-gone days. Who can forget that classic: Games You Can Play With Your Pussy. I refuse to believe anything here was photo shopped!
 
Be sure visit all the links at Ramp.ie. What's not to love about a site which says of itself: Ramp.ie is an online magazine, driven by original content and the insatiable need to impress our mothers. And, they write well.
 
That's it for today. See you next week. 
 

No comments: