Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Capitalism - Feudalism without the Kings
Tax the Rich
 
Website Wednesday - again
 
OK, my patient is stable in the next room so let me try to list some websites. Apologies if I've posted these recently, but I'm not at a computer which has the most recent list of my previous picks.

 
I love it when people recycle (more on this Friday) and here are some interesting (I don' t know if I'd use "amazing") ways to use old stuff for new and useful purposes. Student Beans is a UK site which has been around since 2005. Even if you're not a student be sure to click around.
 
 You know I'm interested in finding ways that humans can live peacefully (well, if you didn't know that about me before, now you do.) Here's an interesting class on nonviolence which I would like to read this summer. Maybe you would too.


There's a lot of readings here so you can pick and choose. I have no idea if humans can live peacefully but this is a good place to start thinking about such things.

The following may be a religious site but I really enjoyed this page:

 
where little kids (age 4 to 7 mostly) define what love means to them. Precious!
Some pictures now:
 
 
This looks like an ad for Hasselblad but there are some "wow" pictures here. Take a look.
And finally, to impress your friends and family:
 
You get art! You get lit! You get culture! Navigating the site is a little quirky; be sure to scroll down and to the right. But it's a cornucopia of art history and so much more.
 
That's it for today. See you Friday.

No comments: