Thursday, October 9, 2008

And The Beat Goes On

Ok, I'm still on Google's black list with the warning page alerting all my millions of readers that I may be in violation of terms of service. I guess Dante has the copyright on “Abandon hope all who enter.” or they would have used that.

Their word verifications which I must decipher before I can post have become more unreadable. However, when I clicked their "Learn more" link re: word verification, the examples there of word verifications are very readable.

But I know all this will be resolved amicably very soon since their e-mail said "After we receive your request, we'll review your blog and unlock it within two business days." And, those two days should be up today by human time.

So, birds will be singing, the sun will be shining, puppy will romp - Google will replace the offending page preceding my blog with a large font Mea Culpa. Yeah, right!

I joke sarcastically about this but except for the macabre irony in life that every thing which can go wrong, might; there is no humor in this.

I did some research on trolls and flagging and discovered that this is a big Internet problem. (Note: Many people might have a different definition of Internet trolls but I’m broadening it to include all types of scum who disrupt Internet discourse for their own twisted reasons.) Trolls are just not very honorable people. Your childhood fairy tales about them were not wrong.

Trolls are a vicious life form because they can do so much damage from total anonymity. At least those who demand book banning have to surface and newspapers demand names on Letters to the Editor.

Flaggers, however, just pull down “Flag Blog” and check the category which most agrees with their sense of offense.

And they can leave absolutely no footprint since blogs can be read in the most ubiquitous places like public libraries. It’s: “J’accuse, and I’m out of here.”

This is a perverted system but it’s such a small annoyance compared to the horrors which have been visited on innocent people through false testimony. Think of all the legal cases where DNA has proven prisoners innocent; prisoners who languished and died in prisons, protesting their innocence, before the advent of this science.

I’d like to say that this experience has taught me to stand up for those who need help, but I’ve always done that.

I only hope that anyone brave enough to enter my blog during these dark times and reads this, takes away that message.

And now, to tackle the unreadable Word Verification and get this posted.

No comments: