Tuesday, May 11, 2010


"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Miss M and a Cake

I didn't forget Miss M yesterday. I just didn't have the pictures on the computer. Here she is:


She's pretty pensive. Probably mulling over what that red banner above her means and wondering if the "Reading for Dogs" course is worth the time and money. No, she isn't alone since she ate all her toys and her stomach is bothering her. But she did get her rabies shots so she may be pondering just what cheery phrase "Hey, we're going to the vet!" really means.

There's a math lesson in this picture since you can probably figure out her size (big!) from this picture by measuring the standard tiles.

And now for the cake:

I tho
ught this cake was worth showing since it came from Costco which is not a place I would visit for a birthday cake. But I was wrong. This was a Marquita cake, probably made for Cinco de Mayo. The icing was whipped cream but the real treat was that the the cake was moist and lime flavored. I expected to bite into your typical artificial tasting packaged cake but I was wrong.

So, if you go to Costco, try their cakes. Oh, and this one was on sale for $10. (No, it wasn't on sale because it was after May 5; it was on sale because of May 5.)

Cheers.


No comments: