Monday, May 17, 2010

"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Movie Monday: is taking a break this week because no new movies “grabbed” me

But this may interest you:

On Monday, April 19, 2010, Chris Christie, R-Gov of NJ, accused public school teachers of using their students as drug mules when the kids staged protests about his proposed school budget cuts.

On Friday, May 14, 2010, during hearings re: school vouchers in Trenton, news shows panned the crowd outside the State House supporting this measure. I’ve never seen so many Catholic school girls in their plaid skirts and Hasidic students in traditional garb in one place.

I’m just waiting for the Gov to address these kids, supporters of his policy and also absent from school, as drug mules. I’m sure it’s coming........Wait for it.....

While researching to be sure I had my facts right re: the dates of the drug mule comment by the Gov, I came across this site about NJ:

http://www.bluejersey.com/

Now, you probably know by just looking at my banner that I think this state (and country) is more interested in: lowering my property tax, income tax, and every damn tax I pay than in civil rights, the poor, good quality of life for all, etc, etc.

I read some of the bigoted, crass, uncaring comments to columns in The Record or The Star-Ledger and I cringe.

It can be discouraging but then I stumble across Blue Jersey and that old song phrase “And when I'm gone, there'll be one child born in this world to carry on” metaphorically takes on its most promising meaning.

There are people out there who care. There are people in NJ who care. Wow!

No comments: