Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Capitalism is the Predatory Stage of Human Evolution"

Website Wednesday

Some random wacky thoughts and a sort of segue:

Don't ask me why but last night I awakened in the middle of the night with the clocks flashing which means we had lost electricity. So as I'm going around setting clocks I started having these retail thoughts.

You see I live on the East Coast at a zip code which is apparently the retail star of the entire country! So with such a background I have never bought retail. That is sort of a religion around here. And you just don't buy on sale; you buy an item which has already been reduced with a discount coupon. Of course, that means you are shopping at the end of most seasons and can wind up with 80% off high-end items. Which is fantastic when you play the "Guess how much I paid" game with friends but no so fantastic since you can wind up buying some wacky colors and items. But I have been pretty lucky since I stick with basic black under the wackiness.

So here I am in the middle of night, having these crazy retail thoughts when I get this epiphany: Maybe I should pay retail.
Well, I don't mean full retail but like retail at its first reduction of say 20% and not wait for the final reductions and the dregs.

I may try this and I'll let you know how it works. And don't laugh about these late night musings, Stephanie Meyers got her idea for Twilight from a dream. Just think how much better written those books might have been if the idea came to her while she was fixing the clocks at night.

Which will segue me into my Website Wednesday pick:

http://applesparkles.wikia.com/wiki/Frozen_Apples

I'm really cheating this Wednesday because this is funny site but it's also about movies. So I'm really pulling a Movie Monday on a Website Wednesday. But it's worth it.

I can't find an "About" on this site but I think this is the entertainment section of Wikipedia. If you click on the top left "Wikia Entertainment" you'll get sent to other movie entertainment sites, seemingly sites praising the movie.

However, with Frozen Apples you get an anti-Twilight site that's funny. No nuclear physics here, just good jabs at poorly written books turned into hugely successful (and lame) movies. I've always loved the Internet because you get to read some really clever writers who would otherwise languish unknown and unappreciated.

Take this as my April Fool's choice since I didn't blog that day (it was a Thursday.)

Enjoy.

No comments: